Saturday, October 22, 2011

Bous Birth With Janice

January 17th 2009
Our Little Bundle of Joy

8 days late, but happy and healthy, Bou has finally arrived!!

I cannot tell you how happy Logan and I are. Not only am I happy to FINALLY have our baby girl here with us, but it feels SO good to not be pregnant.

Last week on the 8th Logan and I went to the hospital to be induced. The first step that they did was give me gels to help soften my cervix. After the third does I was in pretty good labor with really hard contractions and decided to get an epidural.

After receiving it, it slowed my labor and I was put on poticin. The poticin gave me really hard contractions but my cervix was not dilating. We were given the option of breaking my water, a C-Section or to go home. After lots of praying, we decided that even though we were very anxious we should go home because she just must not be ready yet. It was a really hard decision but we are glad that we chose to go home. Janice was so supportive and loving.  It was a pretty hard week and my labor was making no progress.

So after being eight days over due we decided to be induced again. We got to the hospital at about 4:30pm. This time the gels worked great again and after my second dose I was in really hard labor. Because of the way that Bou was positioned all of my contractions were in my back. My husband, Logan was so sweet to stay my side and help me through it all. I did a lot of my laboring in the shower with the hot water on my back and Logan held the showerhead for hours. He was so helpful and encouraging. 

Janice was wonderful also, she really helped me to relax and feel confident. After being checked I was at a 5 and wanted an epidural. Once I received it my contractions continued really strong and labor progressed.

After a few hours it was time for me to push! My labor was only 10 hours long with only 1 hour of pushing. Logan got to see the whole thing, and so did I! Our beautiful baby girl arrived at 7:11am weighing 7 pounds 1 ounce and 19.5 inches long. Labor and delivery was just like I thought it would be. It was so much fun and so rewarding. I really enjoyed it and can't wait to do it again! (Pregnancy can wait though!) I think most people enjoy being pregnant and then dread labor, but I was the exact opposite. Labor was the best part for me!  Labor was so so wonderful- it really was so much fun and delivery was even more fun! It took all of my strength and power and was exhausting but seeing her and holding her was all worth it.

Logan and I feel so blessed to have her with us and thank the Lord everyday.

Janice caught our beautiful daughter. She was so wonderful, she had a warm washcloth and massaged and stretch me so I wouldn’t tear, as well as washed our daughters hair as she was crowning.  Once Bou was out she was placed on my chest, skin to skin and we bonded for about 20 minutes before my 
husband cut the cord and the placenta was delivered.

Joyful Momma: Clarissa B.

No comments: